Sign in to follow this  
strider

Multiplayer question.

When flying multiplayer sessions, what part of my aircraft does another pilot have to have to "see" me? Is it simply the textures or is the model required? If the model...does it only matter if the "XXXX.MDL" is named the same? Here's why I ask...I am preparing for a "fly-in" this weekend and we are all flying some "vintage" aircraft. The organizer has provided a list of aircraft to be downloaded, so we can all "see" each other in our respective aircraft. I have chosen the excellent Howard 500 from Milton & Co. The Howard 500 everyone is downloading is the VC version but I would prefer to fly the non-VC version...but still be seen. Is this possible? The liveries are the standard "civilian" paints common to both models. Is a little "creative renaming" of the "XXX.MDL" required, or some "tweaking" of the aircraft.cfg "Title" line? Seems to me there must be a way for everyone else to see me in THEIR installed Howard, while I fly MY Howard. I have both the VC and non-VC installed, BTW. This has always been a bit of a puzzle to me. Vic

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Not 100% certain, but I think it's the title line in the acft.cfg that matters. Since you're the "odd man out" using the non-VC model, you'll probably want to go into the acft.cfg and re-title your variation to whatever your buddies VC variations are titled.Since you also have the VC variation installed, that would theoretically give you 2 installed aircraft with the same title which wouldn't be good, so I would temporarily uninstall or re-title your VC version as well.Sounds like a good time, have fun :) .Jim