Sign in to follow this  
dolph98

Home Cockpits

Who here has built a home cockpit for flying FS9 and/or any other sim? I am about to embark on such a mission and would like to communicate with others that have been there to make it happen.My ideas are simple: 3 19" to 21" monitors, a system to break up the view (commercially available), a simple control system (my trusty Thrustmaster), a simple "box to sit in built for two", and any other gadget that might be feasible/affordable adding to realism.My Thrustmaster system is dated but I have dreams I can put it to good use.Add that to some other tips and trix and I should have an enjoyable hobby for sure.So?Dolph

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Dolph, I have been in the planning stages for a home cockpit for about 6 months and am still undecided if I will proceed (might do a scaled back version). Anyway, check out the home cockpit forum right here on Avsim http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=142 and you should get most of the info you need. Good LuckRegards, KendallDell 8400 3.2 GHZ H.T.800 FSB/2MB L22 GB 533 DDR2X800XT 256MB/Catalyst driver - 6.9's6x Adaptive AA/16x HQ A/FIntegrated SoundDual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905CH Yoke/Pedals