Sign in to follow this  
Alba

Faulty Slew mode

Hi Folks, my subject says faulty slew mode but possibly I have 'ticked a box' somewhere that's causing this problem for me.When I hit the Y key to enter Slew mode, the aircraft shoots off straight away. The NUM 5 key stops it but it shoots off again when NUM 5 is released.Do any of you kind folks know what's happened? Any clues or ideas will be much appreciated.

Guest ThrottleUp

This also happens if your joysitck is not calibrated properly.To test this disable your joystick and then enter slew mode. If all is normal you need to calibrate your joystick.Let us know how it works out!

Just to add to the existing answers.By default FS9 sets the engines to full thrust or 250kts, can't remember which, when in slew mode and keeps them there when you exit slew mode. That is why your plane shoots off.F1 puts the engines at idle so if you hit F1 BEFORE coming out of slew mode your plane should stay where it is.If it shoots off as soon as you enter slew mode I would suspect you have throttles at full or your joystick is way out of alignment, make sure you have a null zone set in the elevator axis in slew mode.