Sign in to follow this  
ilovetofly

FS9 crashes

I am now experiencing regular crashes of FS9. Some are to a black screen and others are to the "Blue Screen of Death".Last crash produced the usual message along with these identifiers, Here they are: STOP:0X0000008E (0XC000005, oXBF8363E5, 0XB56C3BFC, 0X00000000)Win32K.SYS- ADDRESS BF8363E5 base at BF800000, datestamp 43446a58Does anyone know what they refer to? I sure don't.Thanks again. Maybe a time for a new reinstall?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I think you're correct feng about this being a hardware problem. Had it happen again when I wasn't using FS9. I even get this awefull screetching at times and I think it's caused by a failing HD.Thanks for your response.

Yes, I read your post earlier, but I don't get the loading scenery message as you did. At times, using the sim or not, my system crashes to a black screen and sometimes I need to shut down and restart two - four times before it will restart. Eventually it does restart. I'll be looking to purchase a new hard drive.

Same here, first time I have experienced this.Only FS9, and PSS 777, no other add-ons.Really annoying.Miquel Egea.