Sign in to follow this  
Guest kalch

Take off calls, V1, V2, rotate, etc

Guest kalch

hi,ive seen some vids on you tube where during take off there is voice saying 80 knots, v1, v2, rotate. As well, upon landing the co-pilot will state the altitude.how do i get this integrative add-on?

Guest Mr Chips

It is probably www.fs2crew.com, as that is the best attempt out there. It does a fair job of scripting the process. For example, the 80kts call has two purposes, one is to announce that the aircraft is out of the low speed regime and so will only stop for serious faults (as opposed to any warning/caution) and the other is to check that the (Pilot Flying) PF is not incapacitated. Clearly, this kind of interaction is only meaningful with two humans. In something like www.fs2crew.com, it is really only re-creating the ambiance but is as good as you are going to get without haveing your mate act as PF or PNF (Pilot Non-flying) with you.

Some add-ons have them too like the Wilco 737, PMDG 737 and LevelD 767.Flight Sim Passengers also has this feature.

Guest Mr Chips

The "Retard. Retard" isn't the Captain berrating the F/O for a particuarly bad landing (sorry my feeble attempt at humour). That is the Airbus doing the talking, as are the 100, 50, 30, 20, 10 callouts.Some SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) in aircraft without the height callouts required the PNF reads of off the radar altimeter, like in a 737-200, etc.

Guest martin842

There are freeware gauges in the library which do both the takeoff calls (search for "jelair-fs2004_vspeed-callout_gauge.zip" in the FS2004 Gauges category) and the altitude calls on landings (search for "callouts" in the FS2004 Gauges category). They can be added to any aircraft.Martin

I went to Eaglesoftdg.com and they have the Citation X which I bought that has all kinds of call outs and warnings. Co-pilot calls out flap settings, 80 kts, rotate, gear up, at FL 180, 29.92 on alt., and on the way down, restest alt. reminder, flap setting and gear down, speed brake extended, six lights on the reverse. The planes computer has alt. callouts, terrain warning, glide slope, to low if the gear is not down, flaps not extended and others. It is a very intense aircraft with lots and lots of things you have to do befor takeoff such as put in weight of fuel and passangers and cargo. and set V-speeds, it has a APU you have to start befor you can start engines. These are just some of the few things that it has lots more. I also so the 757 somewhere I think it is in the store here that has lots of features too. These aren't the jump in and fly stuff you have to do check list which I think adds to the sim.Scot.