Sign in to follow this  

FSMetar problem

Anyone tried this? I downloaded it and all I get is an error that says "can't read a configuration file, program is endded" (yes the mispelling is correct). I'm running XP. Not much info in the read-me.Just wanted to try an altenative to FSMeteo.Thanks,Tim

Sorry Tim, can't help. You have got further than I have. I too downloaded it but have not yet found a way of installing it and I certainly haven't found a 'readme' file.RegardsDon

Loaded it right outa the download box. Installed first time. Downloaded METARS and searched to my hearts content. Strangely, with the preference set to English the first searched METAR interpretation - three graphics representing Weather, Winds and Temperature has English titles.In subsequent searches the titles revert to Spanish - the alternate available language. The readme file is part of the installation - I can email to you if you want but it won't help much.Quite a nice little proggie

The download file I received was FSMetar.msi with no instructions on what to do with it, unnless they were embedded in the Spanish on the website! Not one of my languauges I am afraid.Where does this file go and how do you get it to work?ThanksDon

Hi, i'm Ivan Alvarez (FSMetar programmer). Try execute Program from installation Folder and please tell me if you got error again.Sorry for my poor English.RegarsIvanfsmetar@socair.org

I fixed the language problem with metars search for the next version.TanksIvanfsmetar@socair.org

FSMetar.msi is a "Windows Installer" format. Sorry but i'm Working in English version of FSMetar Web available soon.RegardsIvanfsmetar@socair.org

Hi IvanThank you for responding. I am not familiar with this type of installation and can not find an installation folder. I have sent you an e-mail with the details of what I have done.Best wishesDon

Hi, Be sure you have the msi in your Windows fisrt. Just download the msi and click on the *.exeFor windows 95,98 and Me Onlyhttp://download.microsoft.com/download/Win...US/InstMsiA.exeWindows Xp and Windows 2000 Onlyhttp://download.microsoft.com/download/Win...US/InstMsiW.exeAfter download the fs metar and install it.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

I've had no problem installing, I've installed .msi files before. It's after I install and start the program is when I get the error. As it is now, it's won't run. Feel free to email me if you need help to find the problem.Tim

Thanks to all for the advice. Everything is now installed and working :-yellow1 Best wishesDon