Sign in to follow this  
Hans Hartvelt

Cannot undock window

Before coupling pc's together in a network using WideView I want to run a simpel test. I.e. connecting a second monitor to the extra analog outlet of my videocard. It works fine. I can drag an icon from my desktop to the second monitor and I can drag every application to the second monitor as long as it is not maximized. But I cannot drag a new window in FS9 to the second monitor. It bumps against the edge of the screen. I suppose that I have to undock the window first, but that's the problem. That menu option is grey, not black so I cannot select it.What am I doing wrong? And other tips?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You can't undock a window if you're running in full-screen mode. ALT-Enter will switch between full-screen and windowed mode. You can switch back to full-screen view after undocking and moving a window to a second monitor, but I recommend you use windowed mode if you're going to run multi-monitor.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

BobCould I ask why you advise running in window mode when using multiple monitors?I'm curious because I run multiple monitors off one PC in full screen mode with no problems.Martin

I've had nothing but trouble with moving undocked windows from monitor to monitor in full-screen mode, which requires switching back and forth from full-screen mode to windowed mode. Just the switch back-forth can make the video drivers (many different versions over a span of years and on several machines) wig out.Now if multi-monitor means just running a single panel stretched across two or more monitors, that may be different. My style of multi-mon simming involves being able to keep separate undocked windows on a separate monitor for things like the overhead panel, FMS, pedestal etc.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile