Sign in to follow this  
keenrw

2 copys of FS9 on the same PC

Hi Is it possable to install two versions of FS9 on the same pc but on diffeant hard drives ? .... its mainly for quick back ups and testing . Rich

ugcx_banner.png

>Hi >> Is it possable to install two versions of FS9 on the same pc>but on diffeant hard drives ? .... its mainly for quick back>ups and testing .>> RichWell, to answer your question, I have FOUR installations ofFS9 on my system, spread over 4 different partitions ontwo different hard drives. One is FAT32 and the other NTFS.I renamed the FS9.exe for three of those installs so thatthey have thier own CFG files. One is fs9_clean.exe, whereI used to do my testing. Another, fs9_USA and fs9_Europe.I have seperate scenery called out in each of those versions.My old original fs9.exe installation became so BLOATED with addons that I decided to seperate installations by generalgeography. I have different plane-sets in the USA and Europeinstallations, etc.I also created a common "Addon Scenery" folder, a common "fsfsconv" folder and a common "Scenery" folder on yet afifth logical drive. These folders are shared by all fourof my installations. So, yes, duplicate, triplicate, quadricate yourFS9 :) Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Guest martin842

I have two copies installed, on two separate hard drives, but each drive has its own OS installed (i.e. it is a dual boot system).I don't know if it is possible to have two copies installed under the same OS even on different drives.Martin

Not installed as such, no. I usually install FS9, apply the 9.1 patch and then immediately make a clean copy and another for VFR flying. Currently, I have "Flight simulator 9", "Flight simulator 9 CLEAN" and "Flight simulator 9 VFR" folders, each with complete fs9. For scenery I create FSScenery to put scenery in at same level as FS folders and use it for all my installations. Selectively, of course. Each of my FS9 installations has multiple fs9.cfg files for different purposes (one for heavies, one for Airbus - joystick instead of yoke, one for VFR and so on). I simply name the fs9.cfg files so I can tell which is which, create shortcuts which all point each to their own .cfg file. Same with Fsuipc.ini files which I keep a few for different purposes...Works a treat so go ahead and make another copy of FS9. It will work. :)EDIT: Forgot to add... same drive, same OS. Regards,Jure

Guest ThrottleUp

Gypsy Baron - wow I never knew you could do that! Neat :)