Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

Whinesoft International releases ultimate Add-on!!!!!!!...

Guest vas_yan

Can we expect to have the promised forum banners anytime soon?===[[<>]]===

>Hi all,>>As CEO of Whinesoft International I'm pleased to announce our>very first add-on for FS2004:>>>>Sorry, I had to make this post with regard to recent and past>events.>Don't get me wrong: If an add-on contains bugs etc you have>the right to complain, but some have to lighten up a little.>So grab a beer and put things into perspective.>>Thanks for the laugh and indeed a more normal perspective :-)Andr

André

>Hi all,>>As CEO of Whinesoft International I'm pleased to announce our>very first add-on for FS2004:>:-xxrotflmao :-xxrotflmao :-xxrotflmao Thanks for the post!

Guest SilverCircle

>"If an add-on contains bugs etc you have the right to>complain, but some have to lighten up a little">If you are referring to the wilco a320, not one post I have>read was too harsh, the truth hurts but its all part of being>in touch with reality people. Be nice when its time to be>nice, be harsh when its time to be harsh. Do you see any>harsh criticism directed toward lds or pmdg? NO. Why, because>they do not deserve it, so stop sticking up for the people>that have it coming to them. This is a great hobby, but some>are in it for the money, others truly care. Lets all get>real.Maybe, this statement referred to the "legal action" stuff which was and still is floating around here and elsewhere?Yes, as a paying customer, you have the right to complain, and sometimes you may need to be harsh to get things moving. I've not purchased the said product and I don't plan to, but I've been following the events and also been reading at the support forum over there and to me it appears, they are at least willing to fix the problems and turn the product into a more polished state. The fact that there are lots of unimplemented things (and chances to get all these missing features with a later patch are, in my opinion, very low) is a sad thing, I fully agree here. But taking legal action, because a flight simulator add-on doesn't behave like the real multimillion dollar airplane looks just plain absurd to me - no matter how the legal situation regarding things like false advertising is.Asking for a refund? Yes, sure. I would do it if I had purchased it. And I'am almost sure such a request wouldn't be denied if someone approaches them in a professional way. "No refund policies" are basically illegal in many countries and I'am sure they know this.Whatever went wrong with the release - it already happened and there isn't any way to revert it. The product may be fixed, the collateral damage done to the reputation of the involved parties probably cannot. That's fine, because everything comes at a cost and when you screw up in business, you'll most likely have to pay for it.Anyway, legal threatening should be a "last resort" action and personally, I doubt that a $50 product is worth all the trouble. But of course, others who have spent money and now feel ripped may think different.What really bothers me in the entire story is the "false advertising" crap - me thinks that this excessive usage of superlatives should stop. Terms like "fully authentic, complete simulation, ultra-realistic, tested and approved by real life pilots" and all this kind of stuff almost *every single product* is using to tell us how "cool we are". There are exceptions from this madness, though. Just look how sstsim advertises their product - while they claim that they offer the "most authentic Concorde simulation experience designed for the desktop computer" (which certainly holds up), they also have a disclaimer on their page, stating that the product is designed for entertainment purposes only and does NOT simulate any aspect of the real thing. It is really simple as that and I don't think that such a disclaimer will scare customers away. We all know that we'll never get the "real deal" for 50 bucks, but the problem with false advertising is that it creates false expectations.