Sign in to follow this  
Guest sickparrot

Flight planning

Guest sickparrot

Hi all,I've got a Ryanair route from EGGP (liverpool) to LERS (reus) whichbasically goes NANTI L10 HON UN859 ROCAN UN859 PUMAL B31 BERGA.UN859 is a long stretch which undergoes several changes in direction at various VORs and intersections. If I put the above route 'as is' into my PIC737 FMS, all these waypoints are automatically 'filled in' as I would expect.Is there any way of putting the simplified version above into the FS9 flight planner so that I get the full route (so RC4 knows where I'm going!). If I chose the endpoints and 'high alt airways' I get a route based on airways but they're the wrong ones. If I try to move the red wire to the right ones, it will only connect to an intersection or VOR, not an airway number, and then I get a 'direct to' in the flight log rather than the airway no.I can make a plan for the full route for RC4 but it means getting out all the charts to find out where UN859 goes, and manually selecting all the waypoints in the flight planner. No big deal but it would be nice if there was an easier way.Do I just need a better flight planner?Cheers, Ady

>> Do I just need a better flight planner? <http://fsbuild.com/features/fsb2_features.htm

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Depends. The best solution is indeed a better flightplanner but depending on what you need you can get by with the FS planner.1. To provide RC4 with a plan you just do what you describe above, i.e. manually drag the route to the necessary waypoints. You can display the airways so you know which ones to follow. If there is a long straight stretch between for instance two VORs that have a number of intersections in them you don

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

you can do what you need with simroutes.com -you copy ( ) the listed flightplan and then go to SimRoutes.com's 'generate route' page - http://www.eleventhstreet.com/fb2/ParseRoute.aspxpaste the route ( ) into the route box; enter EGGP into departure box; and LERS into arrival; then click 'generate route.'you will get a complete flightplan with all the waypoints on L10 and UN859(you can print this if you wish) and you can access a wonderful simroutes.com feature -- export this plan in a FS9's .pln format! (see dispatch section of flightplan, go to the right where it says 'download flightplan'; change format from 767PIC to 'FS2004 (FS9)'; click 'download flightplan'; and save the plan into your 'flight simulator files' folder.)now start FS and load the flightplan -- set to go :-)--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest sickparrot

That's excellent, that seems to be exactly what I want, and I don't have to spend any money!I'll load it into RC et al tonight and see if it works.Thank you very much, Ady

Guest sickparrot

Tord,Thank you for the effort put into your reply, Scoobs come up with the ideal solution below. I knew I could piece together the full route manually in FS9 planner, but it's a bit of a lenthy process when I might only be allowed 2 hours on an evening to get a flight in!Thanks, Ady