Sign in to follow this  
Guest manbird

Captain Sim's 727 Captain

Guest manbird

Just saw the '727 Captain' aircraft release from Captain sim, which is basically a revamped 'Legendary 727'. The problem is I see that they are selling it in 3 seperate packages. The exterior 100 and 200, then to my utter surprise an "interior and systems" module!??Looking further it turns out that the "interior and systems" consists of High Res 2-D panel, VC cockpit and cabin and "systems programing"Am I understanding that Captainsim is selling their airplanes piece by piece? What kind of garbage is that? Has anyone seen this?

>Just saw the '727 Captain' aircraft release from Captain sim,>which is basically a revamped 'Legendary 727'. The problem is>I see that they are selling it in 3 seperate packages. The>exterior 100 and 200, then to my utter surprise an "interior>and systems" module!??>>Looking further it turns out that the "interior and systems">consists of High Res 2-D panel, VC cockpit and cabin and>"systems programing">>Am I understanding that Captainsim is selling their airplanes>piece by piece? What kind of garbage is that? Has anyone seen>this?No I wasn't aware of this. Thanks for pointing this out.ricardo

>Has anyone seen this?Actually, it

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

For me, this works. I'm interested in the "skins" because of the very well done graphic detail. It's the same reason I'll pick up a Carenado Cessna. I have little interest in single engine Cessna's, yet purchase them for the superior artwork.At 19.99 for the FS9 CS C-130, and 9.99 for the FSX CS Boeing 727, the cost is relatively low. I don't care for full functioning systems in these aircraft, because I usually fly them in outside view. Helps to have years of R/C experience! :7 I look at aircraft systems, this way. If I'm not going to fly them in real life, then I have less interest of spending the time to learn a particular aircraft's system in a flightsim. My real interest is in glass panels such as the Garmin 1000 & Avidyne, and the integration of solid state auto pilots and computer generated 3D visuals for IMC operations. This is where the future of corporate & commercial jetliners are headed anyway.Bottom line, I'd never buy these planes at full price, but Captain Sim got a sale anyway. Perhaps it's not such a bad idea, if your interest is "exteriors" only. From what I've read, I'd be less intersted, if I was counting on the complete aircraft in the near future.L.Adamson

Guest AOA

HiI don`t care if CS had a ten cent blowout sale I would not buy anything from them ever.My opinion is due to the chronic habit of CS decieving the community at every turn with not even an attempt on making good on promises.I also feel that those that continue to support CS no matter what the price are doing a grave disservice to the community by enabling CS to continue to play the same game with a whole new group of simmers that do not yet know what the deal is.IMO CS is as bad if not worse than the saga of PT and their antics.Pete