Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

GBv2 Details...custom made for Rotor-Heads! Request to Holger...

Ok, I raise my hand!I have, ever since having loaded up GBv2, been taking to the air for the most part in the Bell Ranger.It doesn't get better than this...I mean, you HAVE to fly SLOWLY....and savor every nook and cranny of GBv2.For instance, I took off from a coastal heliport and thought to just merely sight see along that coast and around some islands.Ok,... was doing that when I spotted about 2000 feet below me a little island with an out-building.Thinking I would descend and see 'what's going on (smile)', I did just that and as I was tracking towards the island, a flock of seagulls appeared circling above and around the dock.I have to tell ya, it is the amount of DETAIL that is within GBv2 that brings REALISM firmly 'home'.If any of you also enjoying GBv2 have not already made treks out into the wild using the Jet Ranger, I highly recommend you do as soon as possible. You need to take in the DETAIL of this scenery at a slow speed and/or to be able to maintain on-station and give an eye to the scope that went into the building of GBv2.====================================================Holger, I am sure besides myself that with all the immense pleasure your GBv2 is generating in all that have flown within it, we would all be very much interested in the behind-the-scenes of how you conceptualized this project, got all the talent behind it, and what technical challenges did you have to bring it to point-of-release.I would be very much interested in the start-to-finish details.If you have a moment, I'm sure again, that I am not alone in being interested and being made aware of how much work, and what had to be done to give this FS9 community such a 'beyond-belief' graphics package.I hope you consider this request as a way to give us, the user, the technicals, AND as a conduit to highlight (and give credit) to each team-member's scope of contribution.Could you please also name and list each member of your Design Team, so they can be publicly acknowledged within this FS9 AVSIM forum.I would appreciate that!Waiting with anticipation for your return postCheers!Mitch R.

Your scenery and the animation within it is really bringing up some serious questions!!!!I was heading out from Juneau, and decided to skirt the channel leading out to open sea.As I was doing that, I saw your highly-detailed and animated Coast Guard Cutter heading into the channel and about 5 miles from the airport.I decided to hover and watch the cutter go past my position.The WAKE that the cutter is producing, as well as the propeller white-water wash..is NOTHING that I have ever seen produced within FS9 on any float-plane whether at taxi or full bore for take-off.Your wake is totally real in appearance AND its animation...the way the waves fan out, and then dissipate. Nothing like the fast decay of MS's default wake animation. Your waves fan far out to either side of the stern, AND...the water effervescence is totally life-like behind the stern path.So..this brings me to a question. It is obviously NOT any limitation of FS9's graphic capabilities and DX9c....that FS10 has any superiority to, but rather that nobody to date has brought the full FS9 capabilities to full throttle as your package does.This is so flippin' obvious, if you merely hover and match the speed of your Cutter and watch how it moves through the water---and as I have pointed out, your wake graphics which FS10 has no bragging rights to over FS9!!!!Not now!So, this leaves an open question. Just WHAT exactly can FS9's graphics engine display that nobody to date has seen, whether in animation or scenery?!?!?!?I invite everybody to witness what I am talking about and invite your opinions and open discussion.GB2 has opened up a whole new life and realm to FS9 as a simulation platform. Unbelievable!The Cutter comes in from the open channel and then takes that channel following the proper navigation procedures for the channel buoys..and then heads out past the airport and again into the wider channel and islands.Folks, you NEED to watch the animation and wake-action as the waves fan out beyond the stern. You tell ME if it isn't TRULY realistic in the fan-out and decay. Hover at matched speed about 40 feet in height and about 30 feet back off the stern...and just observe. You'll be shaking your heads...FS9 has a LONG life ahead of it with releases of this caliber!Holger and Crew. You are wizards...and should be hired by M.S. You are the best!Wow,Mitch R.

"So..this brings me to a question. It is obviously NOT any limitation of FS9's graphic capabilities and DX9c....that FS10 has any superiority to, but rather that nobody to date has brought the full FS9 capabilities to full throttle as your package does."Not trying to take anything away from GBv2, but maybe you just haven't experienced much of what is out for FS9 yet.You might want to check out Misty Fjords and Tongass Fjords from Holger and team also, it includes lots of the eye candy you are just now experiencing.That is one of the best things about any addon from Holger is the attention to detail.Having spent the last few years enjoying Holgers (and team) work in FS9, I am really looking forward to all of Holgers work in FSX..Regards, MichaelKDFWNot anti FS9, just pro FSX!

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW