Sign in to follow this  

Developers: Do you plan on supporting widescreen resolutions?

Guest jimcooper1

Just thought I'd throw in my pedantic observation!!My widescreen monitors are 1920x1200 and 2560x1600 both of which have an aspect ratio of 16:10 (or 8:5)RegardsJim

>I've been looking at getting a new LCD, and came to the>conclusion that LCDs are getting bigger, better, and cheaper. >This means more widescreen displays will be flying off the>shelves. Now I wonder when are developers going to start>supporting widescreens? I think this is going to be an>important feature for next-gen add-ons, I certainly hope>developers are paying attention. Most other games released now have native widescreen support. Let's hope flightsim addon developers catch up to this quickly. I'm still hoping that in the near future flightsim will move to the next-gen consoles. No more $4,000 computers to play $40 games!ricardo

:-lol You're absolutely right Jim. I'm so used to 16 : 9 in TV I forgot it's slightly different for PCs.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest deKoven

>>I've been looking at getting a new LCD, and came to the>>...Much snippage...>>I'm still hoping that in the near future flightsim will move>to the next-gen consoles. No more $4,000 computers to play $40>games!>>ricardoSorry, bud. Ain't never gonna happen in MY house. Until the console systems get the same upgradeable considerations I play my games on my PC. And if they (the consoles) WERE user upgradeable systems they'd be PCs, of a type. All the games I've seen which I rate as "good" are massively extensible. I don't want to lose that functionality. The peeps who play Oblivion on a console got a short, sharp reminder of that. No non-game_company extension on the console version.Just my v$0.00002:D

I would certainly start to make 2D panels to fit widescreen if I used one. Trouble is I have never seem a LCD screen to match my 19" CRT.I also have a 100hz Sony TV at home (for watching TV) I have never seen a LCD (or plasma) TV to match it either...ok HD TV will beat it but if and when it arrives.So..... a bit like FSX ...I don't just by new things because they are new.... I have to know they are better.! :-hah

Guest dpc

I moved from a good 19". My LCD beats it hands down, no question. BUT I did have to pay for the quality. I figured, I look at this damned monitor almost every day for FS, other games, work, internet etc... it was worth the expense. I also fly exclusively VC so the wide issue is a non-issue for me. Just my 2 cents.

Guest Maxihard

1366x768 please!Thank YouDon