Sign in to follow this  
Guest ThrottleUp

D.A. Cheyenne absolutely unflyable - please help

She's a beaut all right - we're years late but the latest is the greatest :)Maybe I'll get the Cheyenne too, and the DF A36 has caught my eye too, but so many different realistic airplanes - who has time to study and operate them all properly...?regards,Markhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/a320/custbanner2.jpgPC Power Silencer 470/3.2HT/2048mb/ATI X1950pro/SB Audigy

Regards,

Mark

Guest ThrottleUp

Hee hee I know what you mean. You know what Im REALLY hoping/waiting for though?....A Carenado Grand Caravan. When it comes to prop-driven Cessnas they are the Grand Masters as far as Im concerned...you've seen their high-wing pistons...they would make a kick-butt Grand Caravan! :)

Indeed, Carenado are among the best at pistons, and their Grand would be well...grand :) I seem to prefer more power though. The TBM700 here in the library is quite the muscle car - love to see that massive turbine out front :)I'm really waiting for the big one though, it's back to airliners when one large chunk of AXP A320 sim hits the streets in a few months.regards,Markhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/a320/custbanner2.jpgPC Power Silencer 470/3.2HT/2048mb/ATI X1950pro/SB Audigy

Regards,

Mark

Guest ThrottleUp

Yea the TBM is a nice plane...BTW have you seen the TBM 850, even faster!If I remember right there is a company out there called Soloy that specialized in turning Cessna Grand Caravans into twins.Their mod involved enlarging the front section of the plane and then putting two PT6 turbines side by side with a common shaft driving the propeller. It was called the Soly DualPack.I think you could even shut one down in cruise to increase endurance.

Glad this got sorted out as since I got the Cheyenne, I have flown nothing else.I have the Aeroworx B200 also. This is a great plane, but somehow the Cheyenne is slightly better IMHO. The Cheyenne is marginally worse on FPS, but not by much. I get acceptable frame rates from either the 2D panel of the VC, unless there is a lot of cloud.It does take a long time to load VC textures when switching views, however.therefore, I fly the Cheyenne solely from the VC, a thing I have never done before. Everything is clickable and I use views set up in ActiveCamera to substitute for the pop-up panels.Although I get a couple less FPS, I don't get the long delays while VC textures are loaded when looking from the 2D panel to the side window.I have a 3.6ghz Pentium 4, 3gb of RAM and a GEForce 7950GT with 512mb.

ngxu_banner.png

Guest ThrottleUp

I havent seen a TBM 850 for FS9 yet, but then again I have not looked hee hee. I was talkign about the real life one :) I should have made that clear though!ailchim - cheers mate, yea its a well nice plane to fly and Im glad I managed to fix it using the link Mark gave me, hopefully someone else with the same problem will come across this thread :)