Sign in to follow this  
Guest radarbeam

CLS to release A330 for FS9/FSX

Looks good, but it'd be nice if it was an actual simulation and not just a model.

I agree, a nice model is great, but to me it is simply useless if it does not have a panel/vc with most systems simulated. On the other hand, there is a market out there, otherwise CLS would not be in business anymore.. John

Guest radarbeam

I'm sure we can expect a very nice VC coming from CLS. However I wouldn't bank on this aircraft having complex systems simulated as CLS doesn't have a history of designing such aircraft. There is definitelly a market for these types of addons, I am one of those that just like to pick a plane a go. Programing an FMS and setting LNAV and VNAV at 400 feet or playing with air conditioning switches bore me out really quickly. Plus usually these kinds of addons save you roughly 20 to 30$ over full system sims.Please note that I dont have anything against PMDG, levelD or the likes. In fact I do own their products ...but now I need something different, something that CLS is offering.

Guest yarvelling

She certainly 'looks' nice, but are you familiar with the Overland/Simmer's Sky A330 series? That has a beautiful model, nice VC, decent 2d panel, both of which look very much like the Airbus cockpit, yet is not much more complex than a default FS airliner...the same follows true incidentally with their A319/320, and A340 series; even the A380 looks the part inside, and externally, it's hard to tell a screenshot from the genuine article!!I'd recommend the Simmer's Sky aircraft to anyone who doesn't want the Level D/PMDG complexity, but wants something that looks and feels just like the real thing!

unfortunately the overland models have bad FDEs with incorrect fuel flow among other things. such a shame, it looks like a nice package. make them more realistic and I would purchase them for sure.CLS kind of lost me with the DC-10 release. Their Airbus series of past has been great, but this is kind of a downer for me with various small problems making me unhappy with it, and their lack of caring for making features work in FS9

I think the CLS and Overland A330's are basically the same model developed by the same people...look at the A340-500/600's.There is a big difference in price...CLS A330's at $39.99 while the entire Overland Airbus package (including the A306, A319, A320, A321, A332, A333, A342, A343, A345, A346 and A388) for around $27.18 or 19.99 Euro's) Note: I paid only $26.00...the Euro has done up $1.18 in about 2 months time...not good for us in the US!!!My money's on the Overland Package...that is until the Airliner XP A320 & A330's are released!Darryl :-hah

True, there is a market for the lighter stuff, and Sherv is one of the absolute masters of modelling :) He made the Posky A330/340 series, so of course this all new scratch built up to date A330 will be incredible.Still, I'm a systems man now too - a great heavy jet model that you just 'gps and go' is to me just...wrong :+regards,Markhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/a320/custbanner2.jpgPC Power Silencer 470/3.2HT/2048mb/ATI X1950pro/SB Audigy

Regards,

Mark