Sign in to follow this  
Guest tpower

Mustique TVSM is which APXXXXXX file for JABBgl?

Guest tpower

Hello all,my AI traffic at Mustique TVSM if floating up in the air about 30 feet! I'm using the Project Antilles freeware scenery. So I guess I have to use JABBgl to adjust the elevation down to 3.1m. (JABBgl uses metric system, right?) Can anyone tell me in which APxxxxxx file does Mustique airport reside? I've never done this before--except once where directed to adjust Beirut Intl--so any advice and direction would be appreciated.Cheers,Tosh:-hmmm

Hi,I believe there is a way to search in JABBgl for the correct file?The other way to do it is open the Stock airport in AFCAD, right click on any blank space, and read the file name.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest tpower

Thanks Tom!I used AFCAD and then adjusted elevation with JABBgl. It took quite a few tries to "eyeball" the adjustments. I was just stabbing around in the dark..... Is there any way to "know" what numbers to to type in, or is it just trial and error?Thanks again,Cheers,Tosh:-wave

There is a program tdfcalc2004 (not at my computer now but pretty sure this is it) which runs via fsuipc. When you slew over the airport, it provides the elevation of the airport flatten. This is given as a whole number of meters, and a fractional part of 1/128ths. Add the fractional part and convert to .001 meters. Set the airport elevation slightly higher (.002 or so should work). I believe this method works, even if a airport flatten has been set by a flatten switch in the scenery.cfg, or an "area16N" flatten, though I normally use it with default FL9 (LWM) flattens.Note that I had problems with JABbgl and below-sea level airports.scott s..

Guest martin842

Instead of raising the airport up by 30 feet, could you not just use AFCAD to lower the height of the airport reference point, so that the AI aircraft will be lowered 30 feet to meet the ground?Go to the airport in FS9 in the default Cessna, press CTRL+Z once (or twice?) to get an altitude reading, subtract 3.7 feet from this figure (as the Cessna

Guest tpower

Hi Martin,I don't think I actually raised the airport by 30 ft. I think what I did was lower the elevation reference point from the default to one which coincides with the elevation ref pt in the flatten in the addon scenery. That is the airport didn't move up or down, but the AI did. That's what I think I was doing.... but honestly this is really as far as my FS9 expertise goes, so maybe someone who knows more could address your question.I'm just really pleased I actually dared to fiddle with FS9 and didn't make a complete mess of things.:-lol For once...Cheers,Tosh