Sign in to follow this  
David B

L-188 Electra and KBT P3 panel merge help..please

Hello folks. I would like some help on merging a plane and panel combo.I always thought the Electra was a cool plane. I had high hopes that KBT would do an Electra after the P3. Perhaps they are.In the meantime, I have an Electra model d/l. Can't remeber the name right now. I also have the more modern gage P3 panel from KBT.Could someone please either give me a step by step for the merge, or point me in the right direction. I saw the thread on the POSKY merge stuff. same thing for the electra?Also, does anyone know if the KBT panel will work in FSX? I think I saw were the electra did.Any Help appreciated.BTW the files I have ar: electra3.zip and p3au_pnl.zipThanks Best,David

Hmmm...26 views; no answer. I guess I'm not the only one curious. :-)Seriously, I just remembered another question.If/when I get this combo merged, will the panel features work OK. Or do I also need to have some files from the P3 for funtionality.IE Engine start stuff etc. I'll keep searching for an answer. But, I've usually found Avsim to be the best and friendly source.Thanks again.Best,David

Hi,If I were you I'd just try it. Back up any original files/folders first, of course. Just rename the Electra's PANEL folder to PANEL.orig, and then copy the P3's PANEL folder to the Electra's folder.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Hi Tom. That is exactly what I did. :-)Still having some problems..but so far the panel seems to work OK on the electra.ThanksBest,David