Sign in to follow this  
Guest thejoker358

Flight yoke help for FS2004

Guest thejoker358

I've been given a CH flight yoke from a friend but it has a serial port connection.The yoke comes with an Elite control interface 5.I've had to contend with several issues since getting the yoke which include getting a usb adapter and a usa to uk plug adapter for the interface.The other problem i have is the yoke came with a 3.5inch disc which isn't compatable with my computer since i only can play cd/dvd roms.I've tried plugging the yoke in but it is non responsive and i've written to ch products but was told to buy a usb yoke.Can anyone help in getting this yoke up and working or is it a lost cause.I'm running a fairly new dell with 256mb ati card and fs2004.Any help, much appreicated,James

Hi James,Seems to me that the Elite control interface 5 is not needed and that you have a CH flight yoke with a gameport connection. You can get more info about the Elite control interface 5 here http://www.flyelite.com/support/documents/...wareInstall.pdfMaybe you can ask elite about the hardware you have now http://flyelite.comMy guess is that you can get the yoke to work with a usb to gameport adapter:http://www.radioshack.com/sm-usb-to-game-p...pi-2133180.htmlGood luck!

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

Guest thejoker358

Thanks for your help on this.It has been very useful.Cheers,James

>I've been given a CH flight yoke from a friend but it has a>serial port connection.>>The yoke comes with an Elite control interface 5.>>I've had to contend with several issues since getting the yoke>which include getting a usb adapter and a usa to uk plug>adapter for the interface.>>The other problem i have is the yoke came with a 3.5inch disc>which isn't compatable with my computer since i only can play>cd/dvd roms.>>I've tried plugging the yoke in but it is non responsive and>i've written to ch products but was told to buy a usb yoke.>>Can anyone help in getting this yoke up and working or is it a>lost cause.>>I'm running a fairly new dell with 256mb ati card and fs2004.>>Any help, much appreicated,>>JamesShould things not work out for you with the yoke, I have a proposition. My gameport CH Products Yoke is slowly dying as I've had it for several years now. I would love to have a working replacement as my rudder pedals are fine and I don't want to replace both with USB.Let me know if you want to get rid of it. I may be able to help.PM me and I'll give you my email addressgwillmot