Sign in to follow this  
jonss1948

Joystick Calibration

I'm just getting back into fs9 with a vengeance. I enjoy it more every day. I've been reading posts about various Joystick problems but I was wonder ing if there have been any revelations lately as to why the calibration of joysticks, in general, seem to drift so markedly. I will fly a perfect flight, then reload to fly the same flight, without changing anything and my throttle slider is at 45% when it should be around 20% or the rudder has decided to take on a mind of its own. Changing USB ports has a very good effect to bring things back into line but has anything definitive been discovered lately as to why this happens?Jon

Hi Jon,I'm not experiencing the amont of variance you have. Do you have other devices connected to the USB ports? If so, they may be causing a conflict. To check, in FS9, go to options/controls/assignments. Select axis controls and check each device to see if more than one is assigned to the same parameter, ie. throttle.If you have the registered version of FSUIPC, you can calibrate your joysticks within this module. I set a response curve for my aileron and elevator axis so they are not so sensitive with slight delfection, and then increase effectiveness as they near full deflection. You can even set this up for individual aircraft, so tour sf260 has sensitive controls, but the B-707 is not as reponsive.Hope this helps,Dale

Dale

Guest blazingcessna

I have a similar problem with the rudders too. Some aircraft (jet) track straight and true, while others flop all over teh runway during T/O. Never heard of a RIGHT turning tendency. Except in reverse rotation pistons that is...Why would a jet drift one way or the other in zero wind?