Sign in to follow this  
Guest Arni

AI traffic yes/no

Guest Arni

I only fly online, back again after long brake, happily geared upp with a pfc yoke and elite throttle in fs2004. Now the question, what are the benefits of AI files, were can a read about it, what does it do?

Guest ha5mvo

If you're flying online, then what's the point of AI? it's disabled anyway in online mode.I hear that the AI models can be used with some of those online interfaces (SB?) to simulate other players' planes, maybe that's the benefit you're looking for. Since I don't fly online, I can't tell you much more.

information about how FSInn (on VATSIM) can use aircraft models you have downloaded see the FSInn support forum -http://forums.vatsim.net/viewforum.php?f=4...f5ded6318d5cdd5... and just to repeat what has already said: when flying on-line AI traffic is disabled.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

flying online is boring, I spend a lot of my time downloading and updating my AI traffic. I have traffic worldwide, cargo, GA, major and small airlines, etc. Its awesome. Ultimate Traffic is what got me started and once I learned how to manually add it from repaints and plans in the library, plus updated afcad files and scenery for airports... half my FS time is spent updating it! it is majorly addicting but flying online with a few scattered people isnt like being in a real rush hour flying into JFK

>flying online is boring, I spend a lot of my time downloading>and updating my AI traffic. I have traffic worldwide, cargo,>GA, major and small airlines, etc. Its awesome. Ultimate>Traffic is what got me started and once I learned how to>manually add it from repaints and plans in the library, plus>updated afcad files and scenery for airports... half my FS>time is spent updating it! it is majorly addicting but flying>online with a few scattered people isnt like being in a real>rush hour flying into JFKI agree with you AlexI used to do a lot of online flying and i enjoyed it at first(novelty value)but i soon found dropped connections,slow performance and just the general crudity of it all AND airports devoid of ANY traffic bar online stuff had me losing interest.I much prefer to see my airports busy with AI (Traffic 2005 is the current flavour of the month at the moment, i have used UT but don't see why i should pay for updates when i get them free for t2005).So just my thoughts.Am i right in thinking that with FSX you can fly online AND have AI too?Mind you my FSX is in cryofreeze till it hopefully will perform better sometime in the future.(NOT CRITICISM please don't shoot)cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077