Sign in to follow this  
crosswind

Multiple joystick configuration files

Is it possible to have multiple joystick configuration files, or is there a program that can allow you to change the configuration of the fly within FS since you do not need to exit FS and restart it.Thanks for any assistance in this matterKroswynd

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Assuming that you are using FS9, then the answers to your two implied questions are, Yes and No.o Yes, joystick definitions are in the config file (default name, Fs9.cfg). You can have have more that one config file and each one of those can contain a different joystick configuration. Selection of a specific config file may be use of *.Bat files, separate Desktop shortcuts, or FSAutoStart (available here in the AVSIM library).o No, you cannot load a new config file without restarting FS9.R-

RonB,Thanks for you suggestion, that is close to what I was thinking.Kroswynd

The fs9.cfg file will have two sections, labeled JOYSTICK_MAIN { GUID } and JOYSTICK_SLEW { GUID } that contains the config info for the joystick.That said, FS9 (and FSX) also supports the use of multiple joysticks. Each joystick definition has a unique GUID...I would try either configuring them while both are plugged in (assuming they're USB devices) or delete the joystick sections, add the new joystick to create the new section in the .cfg file, and then add the second set of JOYSTICK_MAIN and JOYSTICK_SLEW sections and see what happens. There's a pulldown box in the FS control assignments dialog that allows selection of a joystick...put there just for this purpose I'd guess...RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile