Sign in to follow this  
Guest poschrob

Open module -> -15 fps

hello,I'm experiencing a very weird issue. I used to think before that SB3 caused the dramatic fps loss, but now I've just realized that as soon I open up a module (SB3 or AdvDisp just to mention some examples) my FPS drops by 15.I'm running FS9 under Vista, almost everything maxed out and without open modules I get a constant FPS of 30 even with heavy sceneries (uk2000 etc.) (I know that 25 is enough, I'm just writing this to show that my system spec is ok).System: sony vaio vgn-fe41s, Vista Home Premium, C2D T5500 1,6 GHz, 2 GB , geforce 7600 w. 256 mb.Any ideas?Thanks in advance,Robertp.s. of course, no background processes are running and using up RAM.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

hello Scoob,as I said, it's not only SB3, every other module also.So generally speaking as a module appears on the display my FPS drops by 15. SB3 was only an example, opening any other module has exacactly the same effect on my fps.And yes, I've contacted them already.Regards,Robert

My suspicion is that this is a video-driver related issue. nVidia's (and ATI's) Vista drivers are still pretty shaky, but evolving for the better I guess.Best suggestion I can offer is to make sure you keep your BIOS, DirectX version, and video drivers updated. And for SB3, you might consider running it networked on a second machine via WideFS in the meantime.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile