Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

FFX DC-9 and MD-8 wing lights problem!!!!!

Hello Gang!Has anyone noticed that the FFX DC-9 and MD-80 series have little problem with the wing landing lights where they stay stuck in the retracted position? Let me explain:The DC-9 and MD-80 series have landing ligts on the bottom tip of the wings. When the landing lights are activated for takeoff and landing, these lights extend outwards and the beam of light moves 90 degrees from facing down to facing forward, hence illuminating towards the front (don't know if you understand what I'm tryin to say). In the FFX models, both the DC-9 and the MD-80, the ligts are in the right positions and they illuminate, but they do not move to illuminate forward - they stay stuck in the face down position and when you land, all you see is both beams of light illuminating down in the runway, rather than forward.Has anyone else noticed this???????Just my 2 cents to try to make things better!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I've never had a problem with the lights. You have to extend the lights with the command for tailhook, which on my computer is shift+T, the default that MS2002 installs. You then retract after take off, and then extend for landing.Check your keyboard assignments to make sure you have the command available. It works fine and is a super realistic effect.Lee

Hey Lee!Thanks for your reply! "Assumption is the mother of all fuXX Ups"I assumed the command to turn on the lights would automatically rotate them. I'll try the tailhook thing tonight.Thanks!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sorry Lee!This works on the DC-9 but it does not work on the MD-80's. Any other suggestions?Thanks!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert