Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sinnerman49

Distant Texture Problems...(pics)

Hi folks - Wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction as to what I'm missing. Attached to this post are two pictures, the first is of a previous install of FS9 with all the same addons. The second, is my latest install, over the same area. My concern is how blurry and muddy the textures are in the distance. I'm wondering what configuration I'm forgetting to eliminate these horrible problems. See below, and if you have any advice, please let me know.FYI - I'm pretty sure all settings are the same (No FS9.CFG tweaks on the new install...so that might be it...but what setting?)The new install does have "Extended Terrain Textures" checked.Good FS Install....Perfect.jpgCurrent Install...PERFECTT.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

SOLVED:Using nHancer, set texture preference to HIGH QUALITY.

Glad you got it solved. I can just about make out my family's old house in your pix -- last I saw the current owners were finally starting to do some repairs on it after sitting gutted.scott s..

I was actually having this exact same issue with triple monitors. As long as I was running 1 screen AA/AF worked perfectly. As soon as I enabled a second or 3rd monitor I got the same soup as you. I just disabled write combining and changed the 2nd and 3rd monitors to 16 bit instead of 32 bit and that "seems" to have fixed the issue. Very weird though, I don't remember ever having these issues.I am running dual 8800 GTX cards.-Paul