Sign in to follow this  
Flaps30

GPS Tracks off Center

I installed the Garmin 500 in the Pilatus PC-12 and it works fine, but it consistently tracks to the left of the magenta line, rather than right on. If I manually turn right on the course line, and then re-engage the GPS or localizer, it turns left to parallel the line, but not right on. Any way to fix?? Thanks. Tom

I've had that happen occasionally for some reason, but it's always been intermittent. It seems to happen on long multi stop flights where I "NAV" on the VORs for a while, then maybe the GPS for a while, maybe throw in an ILS or 2, and then for some strange reason GPS NAV will start tracking off to one side, sometimes by as much as a mile or two.Purely speculation, but I've noticed that AI aircraft tend to fly an offset course, I assume so they don't conflict with the user when flying direct between 2 airports. I wonder if the GPS/autopilot engine or whatever it is that magically keeps you on the pink line occasionally gets thrown for a loop and starts confusing you with an AI aircraft?Anyway, I've found that re-selecting the aircraft seems to clear it up, You might give that a try.Jim