Sign in to follow this  

Taxi Light Toggle - Documentation ?

Recently I ran across a great tip in one the forums here showing how to add a couple of lines to the FS9.cfg file which allows you to toggle your taxi and/or beacon lights on and off. I failed to note which forum that was or who the poster was either.It works like a charm. My question is this - which SDK has that information? I have looked thru all of them and did not spot it.The addition to the FS9.cfg file was this:Under the KEYBOARD_MAIN label add the following:TOGGLE_TAXI_LIGHTS=75,8TOGGLE_BEACON_LIGHTS=74,10That allows you to use the "K" key for taxi lights and "CTRL+J" for beacon.I would like to explore this type of option further so am seeking the documentation.Thanks in advance for any suggestions.David "Opa" Marshall

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I guess that was me :) . There really isn't any documentation on that, they are just "K events" like you'd use in XML gauges. The panel SDK has them listed, but I prefer Arne Bartels' . There's a text file included named "k_events.txt" that lists possible events you could trigger with a click in an XML gauge, or in this case with a key assignment in the fs9.cfg. I doubt that every event will work, but any of them that "toggle" something should. "RELOAD_PANELS" also works, and is a great one to have set up on a key assignment if you mess with XML gauges at all. I use CTRL+SHIFT+R (82,11) for that one.For the keyboard codes, there's an ancient FS2000 file in the library by Pete Dowson that I use. Download [link:library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=4119&Name=&FileName=&Author=&CatID=root]fs2000ctls.zip][/b. It's a Word doc, check out Appendix 1.The biggest trick is to find keys that aren't already in use for something else. The way I do it is to go into assignments in the sim, grab the first event in the list and try to assign a key to it. It'll usually tell me that key is already in use, so I clear it and try another until I find something that's available. Then I just cancel out without ever actually assigning anything and go in to the fs9.cfg and add the event followed by the keyboard code for the free key.Jim

Thanks Jim -I shall see if I can find those resources you mentioned.David

Hi DavidPete Dowson gives all of the "keystrokes" for FS9 (ver 3) and FSX (ver 4) in his FSUIPC (3 or 4) Advanced Users Guide, current versions.RegardsPeter Hayes

Thanks Peter -I had forgotton to check that as a possible resource.Everything you ever wanted to know is in that document for sure!David