Sign in to follow this  
curt1

Airsimmer vs. Airliner XP

I love to comparison shop, and following these two developers is like trying to choose between a Honda Accord and Toyota Camry. They are both shooting for a complete Airbus experience. There's no way to make a decision now as to who's project is better; I'm sure they will both be successful. Here's my early take on things.Airliner XP gets the nod for a better virtual cockpit.Airsimmer's 2D overhead looks more distinct and detailed. Airsimmer's visual model looks great, XP has not shown theirs yet.Airliner XP is CRT's; Airsimmer LCD's. Airsimmer is the complete 320 family, XP 320 and 21 only. The flight dynamics, sounds and all the other features that separate competitors will remain unknown until they're released. While this post may seem useless (I guess it is in a sense), I find it fun to compare and see how competition brings out the best in both. I think we'll see both of these in the next 2-4 weeks (just a hunch).Curt

Well, I guess I'm totally wrong on the release time period. With Airsimmer announcing the release time period as "imminent", I thought these two were nearly finished. I think they are waiting now for the holidays when money is spent freely. Curt

Guest monsoon

Personally i test drove both the accord and camry and went with the accord. but actually i think i will get both airsimmer and AXP

I'll probably get both too though I think in the end AXP will win me over. It brings so many new concepts to the table the fact that it doesn't have the whole family or LCDs is of little consequence to me.

I'll wait until they actually have a product to sell. Then I'll read the reviews and check what people are saying in the forums. It's been a policy that's worked very well for me in the past. I don't see much point in trying to decide which one will be better before they're available. I hope they are both really good.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest ightenhill

Have to agree.. To many talked up products have totally dissapointed or failed to deliver recently that Im not parting with any more cash until I know Im not being ripped off by clever marketing

Guest PARADISE

>Personally i test drove both the accord and camry and went>with the accord. but actually i think i will get both>airsimmer and AXPI test drove the Accord and Camry too, then leased an Altima. I guess I'll stick with the Boeings:) John M

Guest monsoon

Altima? I test drove that too but didnt care for it. Boeings for sure but I wont rule out the Airbus yet

In my opinion it depends on the developer. Guys like FeelThere that used to make nice add-ons and no longer do, I wait for the reviews. Dreamfleet and RXP, I don't wait because I know they produce good stuff.