Sign in to follow this  
Guest MikeMiraglia

Two questions (please be gentle)

Guest MikeMiraglia

1. When is the proper time to apply the spoilers when landing? I have been arming the spoilers as soon as the main gears touch down, but today I was told by a fellow simmer that I should arm them before touching down, though admitedly he wasn't sure either.2. Are the flight dynamics included with the Aerodesigns A318 accurate? I have really taken a liking to this bird, but wanted to make sure that it flies like it should. Thanks in advance,-Mike

>1. When is the proper time to apply the spoilers when>landing? I have been arming the spoilers as soon as the main>gears touch down, but today I was told by a fellow simmer that>I should arm them before touching down, though admitedly he>wasn't sure either.>>2. Are the flight dynamics included with the Aerodesigns A318>accurate? I have really taken a liking to this bird, but>wanted to make sure that it flies like it should. >>Thanks in advance,>>-MikeHiArm your spoilers before landing and then they will automatically extend on landing. Some aircraft, usually older ones, will not have this feature and you will have to extend them manually.As for question two, I haven't got a clue on that one ;-)Best regards!

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

A third question, please. I've been flying Flight Simulator for about 10 years now, but I do NOT know when is the correct time to disconnect the Auto throttle BEFORE landing? jerrycwo4

>correct time to disconnect the Auto throttle BEFORE landing?jerrycwo4:this, like your questions prior in this thead, are aircraft specific (and then complicated by how well the panel/visual/FDE designer went 'true to life').example -an airbus 32x, 33x and 34x will you are in the CL gate (autothrottle) until 50'-30' above the rwy. at 50'-30' feet the flight directer (ie, computer) will call 'retard'. at this point throttles are moved by the pilot to idle and the autothrottle disconnects.as you can see your question is best answered when asking an aircraft specific question. please ask, i'll answer to the best of my ability.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

For an account of when NOT to DEPLOY spoilers- search Wikipedia for Air Canada Flight 621. At Toronto Pearson Intl.- July 5 1970 an Air Canada DC8 crashed with no survivors. Cause was miscommunication in the cockpit leading to spoilers being DEPLOYED while airborne. No survivors.Alex Reid

An answer for the Level-D B767 when NOT using the FMC would be a help. I've been going to "manual" throttle at about 3,000 feet. jerrycwo4

when i flew the LD B767 in FS7 i would disconnect autothrottle as i captured the ILS glideslope.the older boeings are more likely to require/use pilot control of throttle than Abus 32x/33x/34x and the new 737s, 777s, and 747s.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/