Sign in to follow this  
misgav

new pc hard drive data transfer

I'm getting a new pc soon. The store will install windows XP Home that I got for my old system.They will transfer all data from my old hd to the new hd.Question is- what happens to fs9 and the tons of addons. Is the transfer going to move fs as is, or will I have to reinstall everything from scratch?Eytan Ornstein

My experience with data transfer is that it will be inconsistent. Some things will work, others will not. I wouldn't have great expectations of all the add-ons working. Hope you fare better than I have.

Most freeware will work just fine.Most payware will have to be reinstalled from original meda.I most strongly recommend you backup to CD all your payware originals and key files. Also your entire FS folder.This would probably be a good time to make a fresh install of FS2004 and install only those addons which you use.Most of us have way too much old stuff which is never used in our FS setup.