Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

Flashing Textures at the fairly new KBOS

I really love all of the effects that the Aresoft AES give and I have about 10 differant airports around the world that uses them. To use these effects you had to install another KBOS (Boston) airport from here at AVSIM but when your on the appron or near the gates there is a lot of "texture flashing". Normally I would NOT put up with this kind of "error" but to use KBOS with the Aerosoft AES I have to, or loose the AES effects if I went back to the default KBOS. Does anyone else have these "flashing" textures and/or a way to get rid of them? I'm wondering if it is the textures from the original, default KBOS that is causing the problem. Thanks jerrycwo4

Hello,I believe you are using the wrong Boston airport. The airport supported by AES is available via Flytampa's web site. The airport is not available here at AVSIM.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Mike is mistaken and an honest error on his part I'm sure.The verison you want IS available here at AVSIM.Here is a direct link to ithttp://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=bostonv2.zipAnd you will need the 2.1 update as well....http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...=root&Go=SearchMake sure you have the correct version. Their are a couple here from George Grimshaw (of Flytmapa fame), V2.1 update adds the new runway.

Hi atlstiff,Is this the same KBOS that is available via Flytampa?. If not, does the version here at AVSIM add anything that is missing from Flytampa's version?. I guess the big question is, which do you prefer, which is more accurate?.Thanks, and sorry for the misinformation.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

This is the same George Grimshaw one that Fly Tampa has available. In fact, the link at FlyTampa is to the download here at AVSIM.Kylehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

Thank you, Thank You, Thank You. Problem fixed. I had version 2.0 (Jan 2006)by George Grimshaw installed and when I installed version 2.1 OVER THE TOP of version 2.0 the flashing textures were GONE.(Do NOT UNINSTALL version 2.0) Version 2.1 is dated January 2007 and is at the link you provided above. Now I do not have to "settle" for something less than the best. jerrycwo4

Hello Mike.As Kyle said the Flytampa KBOS is the same one here at AVSIM and the link on the flytampa website is directed here to AVSIM. George Grimshaw and Martin (don't know his last name) are Flytampa's creators.As with anything these guys do, it is amazing (toss in the free AES for KBOS and WOW!).Jerry, glad to see you got it fixed. The 2.1 patch was not well advertised. I knind of like the old version with the expanded ramp area near the hotel. Such is progress and such is George's stickling for details and keeping it accurate :DOn a down note I was reading on the FT forums that George is out of the scenery desgin bidness as he took a real job in the industry, not flight sim related.