Sign in to follow this  
Guest ThrottleUp

Beeping from PC speaker while using autopilot & radios.

Guest ThrottleUp

Hello everyone :)Was wondering if you could please offer some advice on an annoying new trait my FS9 seems to have gotten overnight. Whenever I do these things while flying:->change the frequency on the NAV/COM radios->change any of the autopilot settings (ALT, VS etc)......a *LOUD* beep comes from the PC speaker. Now I dont mean the speakers I have bought seperately ..I mean the tiny speaker built into the tower (the one you hear beep if Windows has an error).So as Im changing the ALT value on the autpilot by using the mousewheel or the mousebutton this thing is going BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP http://www.nextgenerationrecords.co.uk/boa...es/icon_eek.gifI can't seem to turn it off and it literally appeared overnight after years of not being present.Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks a lot :)

Could be you turned on the "marker" beacon by accident.Turn "off" everything on the radio audio panel and see if it goes away.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Guest RonB49

As silly as it may sound, I'd start by letting FS build a new config file. This is just the kind of quirky behavior I've seen when that file gets messed up.If push comes to shove and you just want to quiet the beeping, then look in your BIOS settings to see if there es a way to disable the speaker.Lacking that, then I'd silence it with a pair of diagonal cutters.:)R-

Guest ThrottleUp

All the temps are in the green and the Dell status lights on the back of the CPU tower are also green, good observation though I would not have thought off a hardware issue :)Will try building a new.cfg that sounds like it might do the trick! Will get back on here and let you know how it went :)

Mobo beeps are usually error codes and/or warnings. Beeps while in use (in windows) usually mean one of two things. Voltage drop or heat issues (beeping when it gets below/beyond the limits).System errors usually beep while in the boot/posting cycle.I had a mobo that would beep (two short beeps every three seconds, all bios and mobos use different codes though) because my GF4TI was causing the 3.5V core to drop too low, the power supply could not keep up with the video card demands.Look up the error/warning code for your mobo's bios