Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Turn off NAV autotune??

Searching the forum first, the general opinion seems to be that this is not possible, but as people didn't seem too sure on this, I'm going to ask afresh: it would be really nice to stop FS9 autotuning the NAV1 & NAV2 radios; can I do this? So often, as I cruise at FL360 or whatever, the radio starts its infernal beeping, because it has autotuned to a NAV frequency of an airport I happen to be flying over. I have to go into the radio and turn it to a random frequency to shut it up, but in 5 minutes it's likely to start again on some other frequency it's picked up.Is there any way to get the NAV radios to stay at the frequency I tune them to? (Do real-world ATC radios really tune themselves in this way?).Thanks,Martin

Hi Martin, I've never had this happen in thousands of FS flights over 20 years plus so there must be some setting that has to be turned on to get this effect.

Not analysed it enough to find out whether it's just with certain planes, or in certain places. But it sure does happen! Can't think what would need to be turned off ..M. :-)

Hi,This is a realistic function of real world aircraft, partly to update the FMC. I have only noticed this function in certain payware aircraft. In the PMDG 747 you can manualy tune the Nav radios for SIDS STARS etc on the radnav page of the FMC... You will the see a small "M" next to the tuned frequency.. Delete the frequency and it will revert to "A" for autotune. As far as the beeping, you should have a Ident button on your comms panel to shut it up.Rob Prest

Rob Prest

Yes, might well be when flying payware aircraft, like PMDG. Don't have 747s, just the 737s....Will look for the ident button on the PMDG 737s..Thanks Rob,M.