Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

Eh? My max zoom factor is now 0.26 !

Until recently I thought my max zoom factor in FS2004 was 0.31, a figure I settled on in using Triplehead2Go with 3 LCDs. However when loading flights in the VC of the PMDG 747-400, I observe it is actually 0.26 which is amazingly low--and an even more realistic field of vision on my large screens. However, the thing is that once I hit the + key to make it 0.31, I cannot hit the - key to go back down to 0.26. But if it starts at 0.26, surely I should be able to do so somehow or other? Or not? What controls the maximum zoom factor ?Jonathan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I get the same effect, albeit on a dual widescreen setup. In my case, 0.31 is better so I consciously make sure I see that figure after I change the zoom level upon reloading. For you, the answer is simple - don't change the zoom level!Gary

Hold down your 'shift' key while usong you + - for smooth zooming in and out.

Hi, Dave:I tried doing as you suggested, but no joy. 0.31 zoom is the max I can achieve with those keys. I then need to enter the VIEWS sub-menu and set the zoom to 0.25 manually and that works to re-set it downwards. Anyway, not a deal breaker. Just the usual endless experimentation with the sim!JS

Gary:Actually, you're right, the max zoom of 0.31 is the best. It's phenomenal this TH2G set-up, wow! I had dual LCDs for some time but the centerline was an issue for me so I caved and got a third LCD. I'm glad I did. TH2G is totally fantastic and worth every nickel.JS