Sign in to follow this  
Bill A

FS9 Wont start

Hi guys, I had to reformat my machine, but before reformating, I copy my entire FS9 directory to a secondary USB HD. I reinstalled FS9 and worked fine, but once I copied everything from the USB HD to the new HD including my config file, FS9 wont load. The splash screen shows up and then disappears and FS wont load. Im uninstalling the whole thing again, but it looks like I should not have copied every single file again from the old build. Does anyone confirm this?Thanks,Bill

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Ok reinstalled FS, runs great just plain out of the box. Copied my addon airport scenery files and afcad files in the addon scenery folder and copyed the scenery config file from my old setup to the new fs setup. Now FS wont load again. Opening screen shows then disapears and nothing.Need some help here,BillP.S. Im on my 3rd reinstall of FS today

It's not just the FS9 folder that matters. Files are installed in other places as well. And lots of stuff is added to the registry. This goes for FS and for your addons. I backup what I can (such as the Aircraft folder), but the bulk of it, you have to reinstall the right way. Makes more sense and is better for your pc and performance. Maybe there's some magical fix that someone can help you with though.Have you let it rebuild FS9.cfg? Is there a module conflict, some old module you need to declare?