Sign in to follow this  
ilovetofly

2 texture folders

I have 2 folders in the FS9 main directory one of which is named "texture" and the other "textures". I believe that the "textures" (plural) was inserted by an add-on that came with its' own installer, but I don't know which one.What could happen if I combined the contents of the "textures" folder with the "texture" folder and deleted the empty folder? This also causes a little confusion with other add-ons that allow you to install manually. Which folder would the new textures go into? What I've done is if the new folder is singular, I put it into the corresponding folder and the same if the new folder is plural.Does the add-on in FS refer to the specific folder name?Thanks for any input.Jim D.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I think you are right in assuming that the "textures" folder got there from some addon installation (I have seen some addons with the misnamed folder and have done it myself). If that's the case, the contents should be moved to the addon scenery "texture" folder and the "textures" folder omitted. Any way to identify the contents of the folder?Now flying with: Biostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FS2004, UT-USA, ASV6, FSGen, Vista Home Premium