Sign in to follow this  
Guest over and out

opinion on the Bill Bulfer FMC and Cockpit Companions for Boeings

Hi all,I was interested if there are any opinions on if the Bulfer FMC and Cockpit Companion books would be useful for learning the PMDG and level-D planes, etc. I'm particularly interested in the FMC guide; is it too technical for non-pilots? I have the Mike Ray books and I like these, but I was wondering what the opinions are about the Bill Bulfer books for SIM uses?WILCO publishing has them on CD.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I purchased Bill Bulfer's Big Boeing FMC Guide about 6 years ago. Been the bible ever since- the first place I look for FMC answers. The index alone is worth the money in solving puzzles. Each page/topic has an example to illustrate that point. Once in awhile I'll simply curl up in an easy chair and enjoy reading a few pages just for enlightenment.Technical? Only as far as you wish to explore. The PMDG manuals are good for introduction for newbies: the BB FMC Guide gives hundreds of neat examples in how to make real use of the FMC- you might say, "the tricks of the trade."Buy It ! And yes, PMDG FMC may not be perfect- but it's pretty close.Alex Reid CYYJPS- I'm not related!

I don't have any of Bill's books but I own all of Mike Rays manuals (real and sim). I love them to death.Although the real world ones don't cover the FMC in depth the flight sim "Flying the 700 series" does.I'm off to look for Bill's book now!