Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tim_J

Thanks for the replies!

Guest Tim_J

I posted a question earlier to the forum. Being new here, I did not realize certain queries are not well received. It was an innocent question with no sinister motives. I have a legal, registered FS 2004.Thank You to everyone who replied! As I gain more experience, I hope to contribute back.

Your question was legitimate and there's no way you would have known how sensitive an issue your topic seems to be around here. It's perfectly legal (at least in the U.S.) to make backup copies and there are many legitimate reasons to do so. You shouldn't have to buy the same program twice as insurance against losing or damaging your cd. With that said, I can understand those who do not want to inadvertantly assist someone to steal software. It's a shame that software piracy has lead to virtually complete censorship of any discussion of your topic.

Tim,Dont worry about about people who make posts regarding software piracy.This doesnt apply specifically to these forums but all forums on the internet generally.They are usually hypocrites and have their harddrives full of mp3s.They will go on about how wrong it is to have pirated fs software or whatever forum the software is regarding but I bet they dont think the same regarding music and filmsGray

Guest vrandar

Don't be afraid to ask more questions. Although some posters can be a bit harsh I have always found most to be very friendly and willing to help. Also bear in mind that the tone of a post from the recipient's point of view might not be exactly what the poster intended; all sorts of arguments have started due a misinterpreted post!Enjoy your time with the simulator, it can/does get really immersive, particularly once you start flying online.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Section 5A of the UK Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended reads:"It is not an infringement of copyright for a lawful user of a copy of a computer program to make any back up copy of it which it is necessary for him to have for the purposes of his lawful use." However, note the words "...lawful use". It isn't lawful to install a backup copy on an addition computer and then use it if the EULA restricts the user to one intallation.

Guest fullstoplanding

Whether this is true for all who have posted on this topic, I don't know. It does, however, remind me of the old saying that goes something like this..."It all depends on whose ox is being gored." :-beerchug