Sign in to follow this  
emb

ATC

I'm unable to hear any atc conversations. All settings in sound menu are enabled. I have the reqiured file in the sound folder. However I'm not able to select a pilot voice. Thanks

Have you used the EditVoicePack program recently? This could be a factor.

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

Hmmm...okay going through a checklist here:-What is your sound card?-Is the ATC sound slider at a high volume?-Make sure that the sound file hasn't been renamed to anything by accident.-Commonly, your engine volume could be so high it is drowning out the ATC voices.Sorry if none of this helps I'm still learning too!BoeingGuy

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

just checking. Is your Comm 1 tuned to the correct freq and is is selected as active?Can you hear the ATIS if tuned to it's freq?Douglas

Yes to all the above. Everything is tuned in and turned on. No Atis no nothing. I did make a backup of the sound folder because I installed Sound Enviroment. Didn't like so I unistalled and restored the original sound folder.

ok..Are you able to hear other sounds such as engines, Morse code, markers etc, etc? I am assuming here that sound is otherwise ok outside of the flight sim. Folks have been known to replace their sound cards because the "Q" key was inadvertently pressed.Trouble shooting is sometimes quite tedious but those are breaks. Douglas

Check in your sound folder for the following files, if they are missingor corrupt you would not get ATC, Atis or pilot sounds but all othe sound will still function. :-waveUSEnglishASOS.gvp file size 566 date 11/20/2002USEnglishBig.gvp file size 199,829 date 5/23/2003 Douglas

Thanks for all those that responded. I found the problem. I had mispelled the backup sound folder. Everything OK now. Dumb Me.:-roll