Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

PSS 777 + GoFlight equipment =......??

I have a very large array of GoFlight hardware (inlcuding the GoFlight MCP PRO) which all works with my extensive FS9 fleet as well as the whole PMDG and Level-D series. My question is, will the PSS 777 for FS9 also work with all this GoFlight hardware? I have held off buying the PSS 777 because it appeared to be glitchy judging by posts ages ago; I don't know if PSS has fixed the glitches. But I felt I could deal with routine glitches/twitches as long as it would at least work with GoFlight hardware.Appreciate any posts and advice, thanks!JS

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

JS, I don't have the current PSS777 but I do have a pile of GoFlight hardware including the MCP Pro. AS far as I am aware the MCP Pro will only offer all functions (such as LNAV VNAV) with Project Magenta, PMDG (on payment of a hefty extra charge to PMDG), the PIC737 (no charge) and the LevelD 767 (no charge). It also gives standard FS9 functions with any standard FS9 aircraft.ISTR that PSS usually have a wide range of assignable keys for cockpit functions. They used to allow download of the manual before purchase so you may be able to check. GoFlight have a keystroke software module which allows GoFlight hardware to produce keystrokes - last thing I saw, this maybe did not work with Vista - and I don't know if it works with the MCP Pro. So you *may* be able to command the 777 from the MCP Pro, although of course you wouldn't get any non-FS9-standard communication back from the 777 to the MCP to give readouts or button illumination. Finally, Peter Dowson has a software module which allows 2 way communication with GoFlight - I haven't tried this.Good luck!--Bryn