Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Captain

Adding a windowed autopilot ?

Guest The Captain

Does anyone know of an autopilot that can be shown in a window, instead of being added to a panel?I have a couple of panels I want to add an autopilot to but there's not a lot of room. I usually add the default Lear45 AP but squeezing it in on these panels make it too small to read easily. I have searched downloads but cannot find anything else.Many thanks,TW.

Almost any autopilot, including the stock ap, can be shown in a window. Take a look at one of the stock panel config files and note how the gps is shown as a popup window - the technique for an autopilot is pretty much the same.DJ

Guest The Captain

Thanks for that & I'm now wondering why I didn't think of it :-(Anyhow - half an hour of playing around & Bingo it works.Happy New Year!TerryW.

>Thanks for that & I'm now wondering why I didn't think of it>:-(>Anyhow - half an hour of playing around & Bingo it works.>Happy New Year!>TerryW. Terry:Would you be willing to share with us your coding, and what you did? That would be a big time saver, and some of us are ".cfg impaired" and this would be a great thing to have available.You can private message me if you don't want to share it here.Thank you!Chuck B.

Guest ThrottleUp

Chuck its very easy. First backup the panel.cfgThen open it and first add the window title corresponding to the new window you are going to add. In this example we are adding the default 737 autopilot to a pop-up window.So first we type in the window title (in this example Window #4 is the one we just added):[Window Titles]Window00=MainWindow02=ThrottleWindow03=GPSWindow04=737AutoPilotAnd then scroll down to just past the next window title in sequence and paste this in://----------------------------------------------------------[Window04]Background_color=0,0,0 size_mm=304,46window_size_ratio=1.000 position=0visible=0ident=80window_size= 0.500, 0.500window_pos= 0.000, 0.000gauge00=737-400!Autopilot, 0,-1,303,46//----------------------------------------------------------Now you will get a popup autopilot! :)Best thing to do is to check out a plane that has popups and then mess about with its panel.cfg.Always *backup* the .cfg first (a quick CTRL+C, CTRL+V)You will soon see that its very easy and fun to do. It gives you loads of flexibility - you can use instruments from other planes and insert them into another panel. And last but not least I highly recommend FS PanelStudio that adds a GUI to the panel-editing process...just drag things around with your mouse!

>>Chuck its very easy. IMO, so is doing a 1035 tax free exchange of an existing life insurance policy from a grandfathered endorsement, non-equity split dollar executive benefit plan into a new, non-grandfathered plan, but I would never expect anyone who's never done it before to know how. :-lol Thanks, Nevin. I recently bought FSPanelStudio and have used it to modify a few existing panels, and add a minipanel or 2 to panels without, but when I saw Pop-up in this post, I wasn't aware that's what we we're talking about.BTW, and I can't remember if I asked this before, but is there a simple program (pref. with gui) that will create .cab files?Thanks for your help, guys. This is great!Chuck

Guest ThrottleUp

----------------------------------------------------------------IMO, so is doing a 1035 tax free exchange of an existing life insurance policy from a grandfathered endorsement, non-equity split dollar executive benefit plan into a new, non-grandfathered plan----------------------------------------------------------------I asked for that didn't I http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/grinser/...-smiley-024.gif