Sign in to follow this  
ABE

GPS OUT

Anybody using GPS OUT with FS9 or FSX with a mapping program. Appreciate any help to get started and how to operate it.Thanks.Abe

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yep. Here's what I set up occasionally. I use Microsoft Streets and Trips 2007. (US flying only) I run it on my laptop which is connected to my home network via wireless router. GPS Out is looking for a serial port so I am using a small freeware utility to create virtual serial ports on both my FS PC and on my laptop which connect over my network. No physical serial connection required. The program is called HW Virtual Serial Port and can be found here. http://www.hw-group.com/index_en.html. Set it up per the GPS Out config. I don't do this every time I fly because I'm a big user of Reality-XP GPSs but it is fun occasionally to set this up.Hope this works out for you.

Thanks Dave.I downloaded the HW program, installed it and created a virtual serial port - com 6. I tried both Mappoint and Streets, which had worked in the past, but they did not work this time. I did change the config of GPSOUT to com6. By the way, I am using only one computer.Regards.Abe

IIRC you need to set up 2 com ports? One for the GPS out and one for the app which will accept GPS data. It's been a long time since I last used GPSOut. I used to use it with Pocket FMS until that program went to a subscription business model.I was using something called MixW serial port bridge.http://www.mixw.net/files/ComEmulDrv3.zipscott s..