Sign in to follow this  
Old Bill

Who?

I was on Final for TNCM St Marteen, when I heard ATC giving clearance to Number seven (7). Later examination showed this to be St Barth Commuter, flight 7. I did have this livery for a BN Norman, and Ut does have the flight plan, but I can't seem to locate the Voice mod. Anybody got it or know where I can get it.Bill :-violin

Guest martin842

Their callsign is BLACK FIN. In the AIRCRAFT.CFG for that aircraft, make sure you haveatc_airline=BLACK FINThe EditVoicepack mod for BLACK FIN is a standard mod, so, if your EditVoicepack is up-to-date, it should already be included with your voicepack. Look in the directory tree on the left-hand side of the EditVoicepack interface.Martin

Thank You, Martin. "Black Fin", Could've never figured that one out.One more question. How do you find an Airlines call sign? Is there a list somewhere?Bill :-jumpy

Guest martin842

There is no definitive list that I have ever been able to find. I usually just put the name of the airline and the word "callsign" as a phrase into Google, and that nearly always produces an answer (though in the case of St Barths Commuter it seems not to work).RegardsMartin

It does bring up a lot of info that has been difficult to find in the past. Yet I have another just discovered Airline without a call sign. "Cape Air" This is not just another obscure little Airline. They operate over 80 aircraft on regular flight schedules. I found them on my way to TJSJ Puerto Rico. The Callsign is "CAIR". It's not in Voicepack, and a search for CAIR in Avsim produces nothing. Anybody got anything for this Airline?Bill *:-*

the Ultimate GA C402 package has cape air flights, and in the library there are some repaints and flight plans, search for cape air

Also of course you can use EditVoicepack to make your own words & phrases, which is useful now that the product is no longer updated.

ngxu_banner.png

I think making my own voicemods is beyond my capabilities. I wouldn't know where or how to start.Bill:-laugh1

Guest martin842

It's really a lot easier than you might think. The basic process is a breeze, and there is a very clearly written tutorial included with the EditVoicepack help file. I would encourage everyone to have a go, and it's so much better hearing callsigns and hearing airports and aircraft referred to by their proper names.Martin