Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Landclass & texture folders

Happy New Year folks ...Landclass & texture folders together - a definite no no, according to all the words of wisdom and I have been careful to make sure that any landclass I install has no texture folder associated with it.However, I installed the recommended tool Flightsim Manager recently, which has the ability to scan for all landclass files in FS, whatever their name. The report shows hundreds of LC files that have been installed as part of 3rd. party sceneries, which of course mostly have texture folders with them.Does this mean that I should move all these LC files out of their original scenery folders and place them elsewhere? Some of the scenery is by quite well-respected scenery makers: not sure why they would put LC files into a scenery folder that has a texture folder with it if it is going to cause problems..Martin

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Happy New Year folks ...You too!!>Does this mean that I should move all these LC files out of>their original scenery folders and place them elsewhere?Let Flightsim Manager take care of it (it should ask you if you want it to fix the problem)...the program makes its own folder and fixes FS so it "knows" the files are there.>Some of the scenery is by quite well-respected scenery makers: not>sure why they would put LC files into a scenery folder that>has a texture folder with it if it is going to cause>problems..I can't answer this one... :)