Sign in to follow this  
jnr641802

Plane spotting from Kai Tak car park

I have tried to park on the two multi story car parks roofs as they have apparently been 'hardened' for 'anoraks' such as myself.I slew there,then un-slew but the aircraft sinks through to ground level everytime,and leaving it on slew works but cuts out all sound.Is there another way, or should I just grow up.....regards Jim

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Jim,Just to make sure we are talking about the correct rooftop. It is the passenger terminal carpark rooftop we are talking about (right beside the control tower). Not the HACTLE rooftop or any other roof top there?But is does work. I hjust double-checked with a 737-400 on the edge looking down beneath me at the huge airport clock on the side of the wall. Great view from up here. But it is hardened. NBot sure why you are sinking through? Try a different aircraft? A car?

Hi Clutch totally my fault of course,I was lowering down using F1 instead of 'A',this spotting business is almost as much fun as flying,how terribly sad...:-roll regards Jim

Sad!!? Well at least you can sit with your Coffee in the warm and not be moved on by the old Bill!![uK],:-lol Cheers,