Sign in to follow this  
AWACS

Reinstalling FS9...again! ugh

Every three months or so I get some virus or spyware or something that drags my system down, like to the point where moving my mouse cursor across the screen is choppy. My system will take ten minutes or more to boot up, mp3s play in slow mo, etc etc. It's really bad, and I can't figure out what it is or how to get rid of it. Spysweeper didn't find it. Geek squad told me that I had spyware, but didn't clean it and then recommended spysweeper which, like I said, didn't find anything. So anyway, when this happens all I have to do is format my C: drive with windows on it and reinstall windows and install everything all over again, I'm ######, anyway two questions. Has anyone else experienced this? and If I reinstall windows, but I already have FS9 on another partition, how can I get it to work?Thanks,Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest LeeWang

Sorry to hear that Jeff.I can't really help you, but to be honest, my FS9 is on a seperate hardrive, that is never used to surf the net with. The purpose of this hardrive (in a removable HDD rack) is just for FS9. When I surf, I install another Hardrive for that. When I internet bank, another one for that. On average, I go about 4 years with the hdd that I surf with, before I have to reload.Lee

Hi Jeff sorry to hear this :(My friend has the SAME darn issue, and he's done this at least 4 times last year alone. He, and others swear by Spysweeper, but man, if this is happening this often, maybe spysweeper isn't finding all the malicious items. Not sure :( But good luck.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Thanks all, yeah that website looks pretty handy, I'll give it a go if this happens again (hope not). The funny thing is, I had Symantec and Windows Defender running, so what the heck?Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD