Sign in to follow this  
betelgeuse

GPS and CTD

No! Removing the 'trojan' made no difference. Again, I flew for ages and thought I'd cracked it. Asking ATC for an IFR clearance caused the CTD this time. I googled for that file but it seems that it comes up as a false positive with some anti-virus programs. I've no idea what problems I've caused since removing it! As far as I can tell things are no worse at least. I will try your filemon and see what happens. After that, I will uninstall Radio Contact 4.3 in case it is something to do with ATC conflicts. I upgraded from 4.0 relatively recently.I'm taking a break from CTDs this weekend so no testing till Monday at the earliest. I'm in London to go with my son to see Spurs V Man U. Much more fun!Will post again once I have a stable system.

Supporter.png

John

Make sure you are using FSUIPC minimum 3.75 or newer. Make sure you also obtain the latest Makerwys.exe and then run the scenery rebuilder.Both are at: http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlRC should not be causing a CTD specific to any scenery area.

Thanks, Ron. FSUIPC 3.75 is the latest for FS9 and, as I said, is installed. I've not heard of Makerwys.exe. What does it do? John

Supporter.png

John

Makerwys.exe is installed in your FS root directory. It is called by the RC Scenery Rebuild utility. It searches through all of your scenery folders as entered in your FS Scenery Library settings and extracts airport and runway data including runway navaids. The resulting files are copied to the RC data folder and then RC further processes these to create a couple of more data files.RC uses these files to establish your airport environment and calculate what it needs to establish proper ATC guided departure and arrival. It also helps RC pick the best runway for arrival based on priorities of active weather conditions and runway properties (headings, length, etc)including types of navaids. It also provides what runways are closed in that they are excluded from the database.Also excluded are properly created pseudo runways used in the "star" system created over at project AI so non-parallel runways can be simultaneously active. Unlike FS ATC which will show these in various lists such as choosing your own runway, RC will not showing only valid runways.

Thank you again, Ron.I ran makerwys.exe and I've attached part of the .txt file. This appears to contain some errors but none I think that could be relevant to my CTD problem at EGAD, EGAC, EGAA, EIDW, EGNS. I'm not sure how to interpret the file - maybe you can help with this?Since my last posting I've uninstalled RC4.3 and I've replaced the relevant Eurw scenery files (AB946120.bgl; AP946120.bgl files etc) with files from a backup FS9 install on an old PC. Since then I've flown many hours around Eastern England and pushed the simulation very hard without causing a CTD. However, as soon as I fly in the Belfast area I find the same old problem. :-grrI've managed to come up with some factors:1. The CTDs always occur in a triangle between Belfast (N. Ireland) - Isle of Man - Dublin (Rep of Ireland). 2. They are often associated with the use of the GPS. The GPS can be used okay sometimes but other times when the map appears on the Garmin screen it quickly rotates, and another CTD!3. They are also associated very strongly with turns off the runway when ATC requests a change to Ground frequency. This frequently, but not always, prompts an immediate CTD.At the start of all this I thought I had a scenery problem because the CTDs occured in only one area. I am wondering now if this can be true. Is it possible that they are due to ATC, ATIS, or Navaid frequency conflicts arising out of the Radar Contact install?I do not know where to go from here and I'd be grateful for advice.

Supporter.png

John