Sign in to follow this  
JonBuck

AlphaSim T-6 Gauges are a No-Show. Where do they go?

I just downloaded AlphaSim's T-6. All seems to be normal as far as installing goes, except for one annoying glitch: the instrument panel has empty holes in it...no gauges. I'm still pretty new at this, so perhaps I didn't get everything right afterall. Question: Where are the gauges supposed to go? I copied the cabinet file to the acft's panel folder, but no gauges. Also copied all the bitmap files from the cabinet file to the three panel folders, but still no gauges. Is that where they are supposed to go? What am I doing wrong? If you have AlphaSim's T-6 and all the gauges are there, I'd appreciate it if you would tell me how you did it, as I must be missing someting!! :-zhelp Jon

I don't have the Alphasim T-6, but the .cab file should go into the panel folders directly and should not have the contents extracted. You can also put the .cab file in the "gauge" folder in the main FS9 directory so that all three panels can reference it. Did the airplane come with a readme?Victor

Hi Victor...yes there was a Readme, but all it said was download and expand and all will be done automatically. Not much help. Oops!!!! I just tried a delete and reinstall, and all came up as it should. Guess I spoke in haste. It just didn't install properly...that was the cause. I'm glad because the details are exquisite, it handles rather well, and I know I'll never get to fly one any other way! Thanks for the response. Jon :-wave