Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

Christ statue on Brazil mountain top

The other day I was flying around Rio de Janeiro and I could NOT find the "Christ the Redeemer" statue on Corcovado Mountain over looking the city. Anyone know if it's there ( I might have missed it) and if not is there a scenery add-on package that might have it? jerrycwo4

Hi there,I haven't been to virtual Brazil in a while but I believe it's not in the default scenery. You can find a very nice freeware add-on here in the avsim library:http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+ViewShould be the very first one riodejaneirov8.zip.Cheers,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifGIGABYTE Light 3D Galaxy II Liquid CoolingENERMAX Galaxy EGA850EWL ATX 850W Power SupplyNVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel MoboCore 2 Duo E6700 1066MHz FSB 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775CORSAIR XMS2 2GB SDRAM DDR2 800GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI ExpressSBlaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 7.12 x Western Digital Raptor 150GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache SATA Raid01 Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/sWinXP Home SP2CH Yoke/Pedals

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

The statue is in the default scenery - but it's not terribly large when you are flying. Turn off autogen and it stands out much better.

Thanks for both of those scenery tips. I think I'm going to try the free avesim scenery 1st then later I might buy the other scenery. Those are just what I was looking for. Thanks jerrycwo4