Sign in to follow this  
rmk2005

Time spent tweaking FS vs Time using it?

With the Avsim file server taking some unsheduled down time ;), I got to thinking that I spend far more time adding to flightplans, AI and other bits than I actually spend "flying". I am alone in this? :-hmmm

no, there are many who suffer from the same mental condition you do, the idea that something "isn't right" and "something needs to be done" to "fix things".Not counting installing new addon aircraft and scenery I probably spent less than an hour "tweaking" FS(X in my case) over the last 2 years, compared to over 1000 hours of flying.And that includes the time spent installing FS twice.

HelloHappiness for me has been to accept the little niggles that i still get even with FS9 ie little stutters occasionally and the same when ASV re-loads weather(as soon as i see an update coming i just switch to FSnav mode till its done its thing) slowish performance at major airports(Heathrow a good example)All these things are FAR outweighed by the pleasure i get from actually flying(most nights a good two to four hour session....no wife no kids)I like to think that even at my VAST age i still can tap into that childish imagination that allows a cardboard box to become a starship or a submarine and that enables me to see past the (little)performance issues i may still have with FS9.PS i have said this before but FS9 has got to be the software bargain of the decade five years old 40 quid to buy and STILL no end in site (for me anyway)of using it.cheers ALLAndy:) DONE TWEAKING...........well almost,nearly promise

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Probably 50/50 - I am forever adjusting something, mostly with AI or my newer user planes, but it's all fun to me cause I'm a born fixer :)Well maybe AI can be tedious...regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Guest jonthedoors

I think I'll join you there :(