Sign in to follow this  
Flaps30

Brake Indications

I noticed something with the brakes in FS2002. When I first loaded FS previously as well as on a new system the brakes seem to work fine and the red "brakes" notice appears on the screen at the lower right of the screen. When brakes are applied, the indicator goes on, when I release the brakes, the indicator would go out as expected. Now all of a sudden, when I apply brakes and release, whether on my rudder pedals or through the keyboard, the indicator on the screen stays on. I found the only way to get rid of the red "brake" word on the screen is to apply the parking brake and then release them. The indication then goes away until I apply them again, then it stays on. Any ideas? Thanks. :-wave

Guest RonB49

It happened to me once and it was the toe brakes causing it. My yoke and pedals are CH USB units. If your's are the same, then read on.Look in the Options>Assignments area for the pedals and I think that the toe brake axes should have the Reverse Axis boxes checked. If that doesn't do it, you might have to increase the Null Zone under Options>Sensitivities. I think that I've read about people having success using the jotstick adjustments available in FSUIPC also. R-

For the USB pedals, go to Options->Sensitivities and select the Advanced option. Move the deadzone sliders all the way to the left and the sensitivity all the way to the right. You can tweak those adjustments later, but those settings do seem to clear the brakes. I think the deadzone is reversed because the "Reversed" box is checked in the Control Assignments for the brakes. Also, when you first come out of the Sensitivities dialog, you'll probably need to hit the brakes one time, they don't update until they're moved.Hope this helps.- BobThe StickWorkshttp://www.stickworks.com